1 August 2020
Barbecues Plus Returns Policy
At Barbecues Plus, we sell a huge range of quality BBQ products and accessories. We want you to have a fulfilling shopping experience, however we understand that sometimes you may need to return a product you have purchased from our website or retail store.
To assist you, we have set out below a return policy for purchases made at both our online and retail store.
- In order to obtain an exchange or to repair a product that you purchased, you must have clear proof of purchase.
- Proof of purchase includes but is not limited to: Your Original Tax Invoice.
- Barbecues Plus will make every effort to locate transaction receipts through our system if lost or misplaced, when provided with the accurate and complete information.
- Barbecues Plus reserves the right to assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to offering a repair or exchange. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused.
- Please note:
– Your original receipt is the best form of proof of purchase
– Refunds will be issued using your original payment method
– Refunds will not be provided for the purchase of gift cards
– Gift cards are not redeemable for cash
– Expired gift cards are not redeemable
– Please return any and all accessories and manuals supplied with product
If you are experiencing operating difficulties with any purchased product, please contact or visit the store you purchased from for expert assistance. Many operating difficulties can be quickly solved with the right advice and our team members are always happy to help you.
Product Returns – Faulty
Barbecues Plus in conjunction with the supplier will accept product returns and provide you with a credit, refund or repair where:
- The product is faulty or is not of merchantable quality, or
- The product is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product does not match the sample or our description
- You can present your invoice or other adequate proof of purchase
Please note: In the case of BBQs and motorised products, Barbecues Plus may elect to send an authorised service agent to determine the nature of the problem prior to authorising any return, refund or exchange. Please be aware that this process would be done in conjunction with the supplier of the product and their team.
If the product is determined to be faulty and cannot be repaired on site, not of merchantable quality, not fit for purpose or not matching a description or sample, Barbecues Plus will gladly offer an exchange or refund. If you cannot present your store invoice, Barbecues Plus reserves the right not to offer a refund or exchange. No refund will be given on free items or bonus items, they are also to be returned in the event that you return the product that they were given free with.
Product Exchanges – Change of Mind
You may return an item because you have changed your mind about your purchase. Once proof of purchase is established, Barbecues Plus will gladly offer you an alternative product or credit (in the form of a gift voucher) provided that:
- You return the item within 30 days of purchase at your own expense (you may also bring it back into our retail store)
- You produce your original Invoice at the time you return the item
- It is unopened, unused, in its original condition and packaging, complete with instruction manuals and accessories
If these requirements are not satisfied Barbecues Plus reserves the right not to offer an exchange of product or credit (in the form of a gift voucher) for change of mind returns.
Please note: To obtain a refund or exchange you will need to present the store staff with the credit card that you originally purchased the goods on, so the transaction can be reversed. Refunds will not be given in cash when original payment was made via a credit card or EFTPOS.
The delivery charges will only be reimbursed when Barbecues Plus is at fault; that is, if the wrong item is delivered to the customer or there is a fault with the product (including damaged in transit).
Delivery and Shipping
Where we deliver:
- Barbecues Plus delivers to many postcodes within Australia. We require a street address specified by you for delivery – unfortunately we cannot deliver to a P.O. Box.
- To determine if we can deliver to your area you can enter your postcode into the shopping cart and receive a quote of the shipping charges.
- In some instances, depending on the postcode and product, you may need to send a request through to receive a custom quote. We do have many items that are large and very heavy so we may need to liaise with our shipping company to confirm details before we can offer you a price for shipping. If you fall within this category, you are able to withdraw your request if you do not wish to go ahead with the order based on the shipping quote.
How quickly do we ship (dispatch):
- When you want to find out how long an item will take to dispatch, you simply need to look at the product page and it will state how quickly we ship that item. In the event that you place an order and it won’t dispatch in this time frame you will be notified of any changes. If you decide that the delay does not suit your requirements then at this stage we can cancel the order and issue a refund.
- When your order is ready you will receive a dispatch email to notify your that your order is on the way.
How and when we deliver:
- The delivery method will be organised by Barbecues Plus. For smaller items we ship with Australia Post, so they will arrive as part of your usual postal service (and time frames for each state).
- If your item is larger we will select the most appropriate courier/delivery service that looks after your postcode and item size. We will provide the courier/delivery service your contact details so that they can contact you if they require to arrange any details for the delivery.
- If you can have your order delivered to a business address, this is preferred. You can specify this by clicking the check box on the order page. Delivery to a business allows the delivery to be made with ease as allows us to avoid the issue of no one being at home to accept the delivery.
- Our Warehouse is based in Melbourne, so this needs to be considered when calculating how long until the delivery arrives.
- All of the courier and delivery services that we use are door to door only. This means that the driver will only deliver it to the front of your house or garage. They will not offer a service to bring it into your home or backyard.
- If you do not receive your delivery within ten working days after receiving your dispatch notification, contact our Customer Service on (03) 9646 4494 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference numbers you were given on your invoice and in your order dispatch notice in all correspondence.
Cost of delivery:
- Delivery charges are calculated on a per order basis and according to the weight and size of your order, and your delivery address.
- Barbecues Plus reserves the right to alter delivery fees without notice. Your delivery fee will not change after you have submitted your purchase and have received confirmation.
- If you would like an estimate of your cost of delivery, put the item into your shopping basket and start the checkout process. You will need to complete stage one “Verify Your Order” before the shipping costs can be calculated.
- You will have the opportunity (based on your entered postcode) to view the finalised delivery charges on your order at the checkout stage before you complete your order and make payment.
Acceptance of delivery:
- Our delivery team will not leave your order at the specified delivery address unless you have arranged this and there is a secure area for it to be left. Barbecues Plus will not accept responsibility for the security of a package left under special instructions.
- Unfortunately Barbecues Plus and its carriers are unable to provide an exact delivery time, just an estimate.
- If you are unsure if you will be available at the delivery address at the arranged time, we recommend nominating a family member who will be present during the delivery hours. You will need to contact the carrier directly to make alternative delivery arrangements.
Australian Orders Only:
- Orders placed on the Barbecues Plus website can only be accepted from within Australia for delivery within Australia.
- We are unable to deliver dangerous goods (such as aerosol cans, gas bottles or canisters, paint etc).
Customer Service Help
- If you require clarification or have any questions please contact our Customer Service Centre on (03) 9646 4494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org